The self-employed program is for individuals who have relevant cultural experience and can make a cultural contribution to Canada.
Relevant experience includes:
- participation at a world-class level in cultural activities or athletics;
- farm management experience; or
- self-employment in cultural activities or athletics.
Cultural activities include music, teachers, painters, illustrators, film makers, freelance journalists, choreographers, and set designers.
The Self Employed Persons Program offers numerous advantages to participants, including that:
- You and your family will receive Canadian permanent resident visas with unlimited traveling ability in and out of Canada.
- Upon becoming a permanent resident, you and your family will have access to Canada’s free education and health care systems.
- You will have the opportunity to obtain Canadian citizenship after 3 years.